Wednesday, October 31, 2007

TV cabinet

Guess what schizophrenic patients like to watch the most...

According to the story in the New Yorker, it's Lary David's “Curb Your Enthusiasm". David Roberts, a second-year clinical-psychology student at the University of North Carolina, discovered, while teaching social skills to a group of schizophrenic patients, that change had come over his patients when they watch TV:

"So Roberts began showing TV clips during therapy sessions. Soon he had narrowed his selections down to one show: television’s purest expression of social dysfunction, “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” Roberts considers Larry David to be the perfect proxy for a schizophrenic person".

When asked about it, David said: "A lot of the time, it’s just me expressing myself freely. I knew that my own mental health was problematic, but should I be worried?"

Hmm, yeah. Read "We Are All Larry David" in the New Yorker.

No comments: