Monday, December 31, 2007

End of the Year Cabinet

I love end of the year resolutions... although I find it hard to put a definite list of all the things I loved this year.
But still, here it goes:

My favorite song, the one I can listen to all day in repeat on my iPod, is definitely "someone great" by LCD SOUNDSYSTEM:


My favorite movie, although hasn't been shown here, is PTA's "There will be blood"


And last, my favorite book, the one I got from Eran as a birthday gift (and unfortunately is out of stock) is "Living Well is the Best Revenge" (a new year's resolution for us all). New Yorker writer Calvin Tomkins re-creates the world of Gerald and Sara Murphy, two American originals who found themselves at the center of a charmed circle of artists and expatriate writers in France in the 1920s. Their home in Antibes, Villa America, served as a gathering place for Picasso and Léger as well as Hemingway and Fitzgerald, who used the glamorous couple as models for Dick and Nicole Diver in Tender Is the Night.

"Person after person - English, French, American, everybody - met them and came away saying that these people really are masters in the art of living".

And on that note, happy new year.

No comments: